Sunday, March 21, 2010

Well Puppy Check-up + TMI Alert!

Day Four: Took off work on last Tuesday morning to take my puppies in for a check-up and to get them started on their shots. They were asleep in the pet carrier before we got to the Vets Office; a short 9 miles to town. Of course everyone loved my babies. Jesse weighed 3.3 pounds and Lady Josey weighed in at 3 pounds.

Here comes the TMI: Both of them had intestinal worms, which did not surprise me as I had seen what I thought were worms in their diarrhea poop for the past two days. Other than that, they are very healthy. Three days of medicine and they will be rid of the nasty parasites. No heart worms, thank goodness.

When can I get them "fixed", I asked? I don't want any incest and stupid puppies in my household. He said he would do that when they are six months old, adding that Josey would probably not go into heat until 8 months old. Well she better not! That's all I have to say about that.

I am crate training them (or I think I am). I need a "Puppies for Dummies" Manual. The hubs bought them a medium size crate and they eat and sleep in the front of it and eliminate in the other end on puppy pads. They don't mess up their sleep area. It is easier to clean up. As they grow and have more bladder control, we will transition to something else. I take them out in the morning and in the evening a couple of times for exercise. So far, so good. I cover up their crate at night with a large tablecloth. They whine, cry, bark for about 5 minutes, then they settle down and go to sleep and sleep all night. Such good puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment