Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Routine

Well, it has been three weeks now and I still love my little puppies, Jesse and Josey. They continue to provide me with hours of enjoyment and laughter. Jesse and Josey are adapting to the Turner household with great ease, well sorta.
Crate training is going well and we have settled into a routine nicely. In the morning, they go outside and have breakfast while I get ready for work. I bring them in just before I leave for work and place them in their crate. It is a big enough crate that they sleep and play on one end and do their business on the other end. They cry for me as I leave for work. Poor babies, I have to leave them. As soon as I get back home, I open the crate and am greated with two excited little puppies. We immediately head outside for exercise, supper, and ~ well you know. I leave them in the kennel outside for about hour, then back in the house where we settle in the recliner and after a few puppy kisses, they settle down and go to sleep in my lap, soon snoring softly. I put them to bed back in their crate and cover the crate with a tablecloth. They settle down for the night quickly and do not make another sound until they hear us stirring around the next monrning. That is our routine, Monday thru Friday. We sleep late on the weekends. I am thinking they will be easy to train as they are so obviously the most intelligent pups that were ever born!

The pups got a bath today, and they did not take kindly to the bath but they do smell better.

Their little personalities are beginning to develop, more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, it sounds like you all are adjusting to puppy life well...sounds like a good routine to me! Puppies are wonderful...they quickly become like our children...giving us so much joy!

    ReplyDelete