Friday, May 14, 2010

Night Away From Home

Jesse and Josey had a new experience this week. I had to go out of town for three days/two nights. I have probably already mentioned this, but my hubby, while a loving guy, will not take care of my puppies AT ALL. Therefore, I had to board them for two night. I am lucky in that in the my local vet will board pets. Wednesday morning I dropped them off at the animal hospital in the caring hands of the vet and his assistants. Like any new mom, I worried and missed my babies.
Picked them up this afternoon and oh, how happy they were to see me, and me then! They were extremely hyper so we walked next door to the animal hospital to the State Farm Office to say hello to Leanna. She was busy, so we just said hello and went on our way home. Lots of outdoor play when we got home and some practice of their newest commands, then a nap in my lap. So sweet and peaceful. Hope they are having sweet and peaceful dreams.
Both Jesse and Josey have dry patches on their skin that must itch because they are doing a lot of scratching. I wonder if I can put a little mild hydorcortisone ointment on these places and they will resolve. I think I shall try this. Also I notice that their neck is pink and inflamed looking. They are wearing flea collers and it looks like it is irritating their tender skin. These will come off and we will go back to the drops on the back - but probalby more expensive drops. These "free" puppies sure cost me a lot of money. That's OK, I still love the unconditional love Josey and Jesse give me. They are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment